To start a job with Amazon, you will need to visit Amazon’s career website and search for open positions that match your skills and qualifications. Once you find a job that you are interested in, you will need to submit an online application, which may include a resume and cover letter. You may also need to complete online assessments or participate in an interview as part of the application process. It’s also important to note that some positions may require specific certifications or qualifications.
Best Tips for Applying for a Job at Amazon
- Tailor your resume and cover letter to the specific job and company: Make sure to highlight your relevant skills and experiences that align with the requirements of the job you’re applying for.
- Research the company: Learn about Amazon’s mission, values, and culture to demonstrate your understanding of the company and its goals during the interview process.
- Highlight any relevant certifications or qualifications: Amazon is known for its high standards and many positions may require specific qualifications. Make sure to highlight any relevant certifications or qualifications you have on your resume.
- Show your problem-solving skills: Amazon is a fast-paced and innovative company, so it’s important to show that you can think critically and solve problems effectively.
- Be prepared for the online assessment: Some positions may require you to complete online assessments as part of the application process. Be sure to research and prepare for these assessments in advance.
- Show your enthusiasm: Amazon values candidates who are passionate about the company and its mission. Show your enthusiasm during the interview process and demonstrate how your skills and qualifications align with Amazon’s goals.
- Follow up: After submitting your application, don’t hesitate to reach out to the hiring manager or HR representative to inquire about the status of your application.
Types of Jobs Available
Amazon offers a wide variety of job opportunities across many different areas of the company. Here are some examples of types of jobs that are available at Amazon:
- Fulfillment Center jobs: These include positions such as warehouse associates, pickers, packers, and material handlers. These jobs involve working in the company’s fulfillment centers to pick, pack, and ship customer orders.
- Corporate jobs: These include positions such as business analysts, financial analysts, and marketing managers. These jobs typically involve working in an office setting and may require a specific set of skills or qualifications.
- Technology jobs: These include positions such as software engineers, data scientists, and IT professionals. These jobs involve working on the development and maintenance of Amazon’s technology infrastructure and systems.
- Operations jobs: These include positions such as operations managers, logistics specialists, and transportation planners. These jobs involve managing and optimizing the company’s supply chain and logistics operations.
- Retail jobs: These include positions such as category managers, account managers, and buyer. These jobs involve working on the buying, merchandising and retail operations of the company.
- HR jobs: These include positions such as recruiters, HR managers, and talent development specialists. These jobs involve managing the company’s human resources operations and developing programs to support employee development and engagement.
- Customer Service jobs: These include positions such as customer service representatives, chat agents and technical support. These jobs involve working with customers to resolve issues and provide assistance.
- Delivery jobs: These include positions such as Delivery driver, Delivery manager and operations manager. These jobs involve working on the delivery of goods to customers.
The site is available here and looks like this:
How to Apply
Applying for a job at Amazon is a straightforward process that can be done online. Here are the steps you can take to apply for a job at Amazon:
- Visit the Amazon Career website: Go to Amazon’s career website and search for open positions that match your skills and qualifications.
- Create an account: If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to create one in order to apply for a job.
- Browse the available jobs: Browse through the available job listings and find the one that you are interested in.
- Submit your application: Click on the job listing to view the details and then click on the “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to upload your resume and complete the online application form.
- Complete assessments: Some positions may require you to complete online assessments or take a test as part of the application process.
- Interview: If your application is selected, you may be asked to participate in an interview. This can be done through video conferencing or in-person.
- Background check: If you are offered a job, you will be required to go through a background check before starting work.
- Signing offer letter: Once you pass the background check, you will receive an offer letter, which you need to sign and return.
It’s important to note that the application process may vary depending on the job and location you are applying for. Be sure to follow the instructions provided and submit all the required information to increase your chances of getting the job.
Things to Remember
- Be Patient
- Perfect Your Resume
- Consider In-Person Work
- Take Advantage of LinkedIn
If you’re interested in learning more about the application process, find additional tips for applying at Amazon and read our hiring FAQs at Amazon.jobs. Read the next post in our series for tips on interviewing at Amazon.